Aloe Activated Charcoal Soap

I wanted to make soap with Activated Charcoal because of its benefits, so I gathered information about the benefits of using Activated Charcoal.  Here are the results of my research.

a. Activated charcoal will not harm your skin, which makes it a good addition to your cleansing routine. If you suffer from dry skin, use charcoal soap to replace harsher cleansers. (livestrong.com)

b. It can act as natural exfoliant to removed dead skin. It is a natural treatment for acne. It can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis, and dry cracked skin. (poppysoap.com)

To read more about the benefits of Activated Charcoal, click me!

As you probably know, I use soap calculator from soapcalc.net to determine the amount of my water and lye. I recommend you to use soap calculator too when making your own soap.

In my recipe, I will be adding Aloe Vera juice. So instead of 100% of water, I will use 50% of Aloe Vera juice and 50% of water.





Other Ingredients:

2 tbsp.                  Activated Charcoal (1 tbsp per pounds of oil)
3.7 oz                   Sodium Lactate (5% of 74 oz. of oil)
2.3 tsp.                 White Tea and  Ginger Fragrance Oil (choice of fragrance)
14.06 oz.              Aloe Vera Juice (50% of 28.120 of  water)
14.06 oz.              Distilled Water  (50%of 28.120 of water)

I haven't clean my soap yet since I don't have beveler.  As of this writing, I am just about to order it from lilusoaptools from etsy.com

Created on September 19, 2014 and waiting for 5 weeks of curing.
After several weeks, I cleaned the soap with beveler that I recently purchase.


Although I was successful in making this soap, I still wanted to revise some of the procedure. I wanted to mix the Activated powder direct to the soap and not to dilute it with water.  Also, I want to incorporate the 50% Aloe Vera juice direct to the oil with lye instead of mixing it along into the lye.

Happy soaping!



Comments

  1. Great!! Looking forward to more videos and recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are manufacturer of Aloe Vera charcoal soap . if you require , pls let us know. www.aloeveraindia.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment