How To Make "Papaya Soap" | For Personal Use




No coloring, no fragrance oil use.

I want to start  this topic by showing you the oil ingredients where in I used soap calculator to measure the oils in order  to have a quality of soap. 

As you can see, I used only 4 oils to make this  Papaya Soap (not like the previous Papaya soap I made which is for selling purposes) because this soap was intended to teach you how  to make your own papaya soap for personal use. I am sharing this process for you to have an idea how to make your own skin whitening soap using Papaya puree.

I used soapcalc.net.



 The oils ingredient, Lye, Distilled water, and sodium hydroxide


The equipments needed.

From left to right: Container, manual and electric hand mixer, soap mold (size for oils measurement -  11.25H x 3.25W x 2.5H), spatula, pyrex (used for liquid oils), and thermometer.

Here are the procedures in FAQ.

1. How do I know or find out how much oil to use to make this soap?
Answer: Measure whatever the size of your soap mold, I recommend rectangular soap mold. 

Here is the calculation for this particular soap mold. The size of soap mold was  in INCHES, but OUNCES of oils is the outcome.

11.25 in x 3.25 in x 2.5 in = 91.4 x .40 (constant value) = 36. 5 oz of oils.





2. Along with 36.5 oz of measured oils, prepare your other ingredients such as Papaya puree, water, and sodium hydroxide.

Puree the  Papaya using blender or just manually puree the Papaya.

How do I know how much Papaya puree I have to use?
Answer: Depending on how much you want to put into your soap batter.  In this recipe, I decided to use 10 oz of Papaya puree.

3. Use WEIGHING SCALE to measure your Sodium Hydroxide and Water. Follow the exact amount of your recipe produced by soap calculator. (This is a must.)

As you can see in the pictures, I measured the Sodium Hydroxide with water in the container. But before I do that, I set the weighing scale to 0.00 for Sodium hydroxide measurement.

Alternative: Weigh Sodium Hydroxide alone without pouring it into the water.

Sodium Hydroxide - 5.07 oz
Water - 13.87 oz






After mixing my sodium hydroxide and water, I set it aside to cool down to my desired temperature which is at least 110 degree F.

What is the recommended temperature of sodium hydroxide with water  to start pouring this liquid  into the oils?
Answer: As for me, I prefer between 85 - 110 degree FBut in this soaping, I used 110 degree F.





4. When I reached my desired temperature (about 100°F), I added Sodium Lactate into my solution (Sodium Hydroxide + Water).

How much Sodium Lactate I needed to mix into my solution?
Answer: 1 tsp per lbs of oils if you are using the method of COLD PROCESS SOAPING. 

If your total oils are 3 lbs, then you need 3 tsp. of Sodium Lactate added into your solution.



5. Once the solution cooled down at about 85° degree, mixed all oils in one container. The Papaya puree should have been ready. Pour the solution (sodium hydroxide+water+sodium lactate) into the oils to start the emulsification process.

Once oils and solution emulsified, keep on mixing using your manual or electric mixer until desired trace.  I preferred LIGHT TRACE, then pour PAPAYA PUREE and mix again.  Once the Papaya puree blended well to your soap batter, add your desired fragrance. 

After all the ingredients are mixed, achieved a MEDIUM TRACE before pouring the soap batter into the soap mold. 



Wait for minimum of 24 hours before cutting.  

Comments

  1. And don't forget safety precautions to handling lye. Making soap is not like cooking. Read some info on it, this lady is experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for recipe, no need to give water discounts for adding fresh purees as....plz tell me....adding at trace is fine aa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment