Papaya Soap with Kojic Acid

Buying my ingredients from different sellers, my next project is to make KOJIC PAPAYA SOAP.  I wanted to make this soap as one of permanent line of soap.  I've been making different types of soap but only 4 so far are what I wanted to retain. I have PAPAYA SOAP with ALOE VERA, ALOE VERA - SHEA SOAP, GREEN TEA - SPIRULINA, and L-GLULATHIONE SOAP. If I am successful to create this soap, I will produce more to sell this soap.

I've tried all my soaps in the shower. In fact, ALOE VERA - SHEA SOAP is the soap my son is still using.  I am so far happy with this soap because ALOE VERA with SHEA BUTTER really heal and moisturize my son dry skin; he has eczema.  On the other hand, I am using PAPAYA with ALOE VERA, L-Glutathione Soap, and Green Tea -Spirulina.


I wanted to boost the use of Green Tea - Spirulina  because of its ANTI-AGING and ANTI-CELLULITE benefit.  I am in love with this soap.  This soap has an exfoliating effect, moisturize, and soften your skin. Although the oils I used to create this soap are all super expensive, I do not regret creating this ANTI-AGING SOAP as I called it since Green Tea added health benefit as well to your skin.


Now let's go back to my next project, the KOJIC PAPAYA SOAP. Why use KOJIC ACID?  KOJIC ACID is a natural product known to whiten/lighten your skin. Since I am producing soaps that has an effect to whiten/lighten the skin, I wanted to try Kojic Acid as well.   Here are some information I gathered so far about the use of Kojic Acid.


KOJIC ACID...

1. Made from a sake, mushroom or Japanese rice wine.
2. Is effective for skin whitening.
3. Exfoliating effect -stripped the outermost layer of the skin and exposed new skin.
4. Remove skin blemishes ( acne, pimple, hyper-pigmentation, melasma, and dark spot).
5. Soften, even-tone, and smooth your skin.

Don't use soap with KOJIC ACID if your skinis sensitive; otherwise, use a lot of moisturizer and too much exposure in the sun.


Also I found out that after applying soap with Kojic Acid, use moisturizer cream or sunscreen.


I will be using 5 premium oils combination to create this soap, Papaya Extract, and Kojic Acid.



After 3 days, below is the result of creating Kojic Papaya Soap. I did it successfully; unfortunately, the color as you see in the picture is not the same after a month of curing.  The soap discolored to dirty orange after sometime.  Next time I will natural color instead.
 





Comments

  1. Hello, I will love to try this soap, but I am wondering how much Kojic acid you used to create it. Also, do you think the reason for the color change was due to use of Papaya Extract instead of the fresh papaya juice? What oils did you incorporate?
    Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the late reply as I don't get notification everytime somebody commented on my blog. The quantity of Kojic Acid I added in my soap is 2% of my total oils. 2% is what my manufacturer recommended. Some soapmakers use higher than 2%.

      I have experimented with different colorant to come up with stable color; unfortunately, all are failed. I used micas, oxide, and natural colorant including relying on the color of Papaya puree. Color turn to brown. My conclusion what causes the color change is oxidation of Kojic Acid. It's senstivity to light and heat.

      Delete
    2. All plant extract tend to go brown in cold process soap. The lye causes that. That's why you freeze juices or anything with sugars before adding it to cold process soap

      Delete
  2. Can i know the papaya extract is liquid form ?
    And how much you put in the papaya extract ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing such amazing methods of homemade soaps, it would be very helpful,papaya soap with aloe vera is really a perfect version,keep posting.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please at what stage did you add the kojic acid into the cp soap and also did you dissolve the kojic acid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please at what stage did you add the kojic acid into the cold process soap and did you dissolve the kojic acid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read that for cold process the kojic acid is added during the saponification process, so I wan to believe at light trace. While for the melt and pour it's dissolved in water then added to the base.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment